Throw a character or item from the world or your inventory.
Your Strength affects how much weight you can throw. Heavier items deal more damage.
The damage of weapons with the thrown property is the same as the weapon's melee damage.
- Attack Roll
- For weapons with the thrown property, the damage roll and Damage Type is the same as the weapon's melee damage
- For other and improvised weapons (including creatures), damage is determined by the weight of the object being thrown:
- Range: 18 m / 60 ft
AoE: 1 m / 3 ft (Radius)
- This radius only applies to Consumable items, and is overridden by some items; consult the item's tooltip to see if its radius is different.
- A creature may throw items and other creatures weighing up to Fighter with a Strength score of 18 can throw objects weighing up to 64.8 kg / 130 lb.
- The size of a creature doesn't matter, only the Strength of the thrower vs. the weight of the creature or object being thrown.
- The weight of a creature is not influenced by their equipped items or the items in their inventory.
- Berserker Barbarian has an improved throwing ability called Enraged Throw.